Find abstracts from prior meetings in our Archive.
All ObesityWeek 2016 abstracts are embargoed. TOS and ASMBS will make abstracts available to registered attendees at least one week prior to the meeting for planning purposes only.
The Obesity Society (TOS) late-breaking abstract submission period for ObesityWeek 2016 is now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
The American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) late-breaking abstract submission period for ObesityWeek 2016 is now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
Poster Presentation Instructions
All posters will be displayed in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
Poster Display Dates: Tuesday, 11/1 through Thursday, 11/4.
Download poster instructions for The Obesity Society (TOS) here.
Download poster instructions for American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) here.
Exhibit Hall Dates and Times
Wednesday, 11/2: 9:30am – 4:15pm
Thursday, 11/3: 9:45am – 3:45pm
Friday, 11/4: 10:15am – 4:15pm
Set-Up and Tear-Down Instructions
Rules for Presentation
There are official Poster and Oral presentation times for The Obesity Society. Please make sure that you are in the exhibit hall by your poster or in the session room for your oral presentation at your scheduled time. If you have any questions please contact Deborah Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no required times for ASMBS official poster presentations; however, poster presenters are encouraged to be standing by your poster during the breaks and lunches to be able to discuss your poster with attendees.
If you have accepted this invitation and then do not display your poster, both the poster presenter and first author will be disqualified from presenting at ASMBS for one year.
- Poster sizes may be up to, but are not to exceed, 8-feet-wide by 4-feet-high. An 8’-wide x 4’-high cork display board will be available for mounting posters.
- The poster does not have to fill the entire surface; however, it should not be any larger than the surface.
- Thumb tacks will be provided.
- Posters must be free of commercial bias: (1) All treatment/management recommendations must be based on strongest levels of evidence available; (2) Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the CME educational material or content includes trade names, trade names from several companies, where available, should be used, not just trade names from a single company.
- Do not use corporate brand names or organizational logos on your poster.
- For compliance with HIPAA Privacy Rule, all information that could potentially be used to identify a patient must NOT be included in the presentation/poster.
- Posters must not contain any offensive comments or images (i.e., vulgarities, obscenities, etc.).
Abstracts for posters will be published in the Abstract Book and a password protected database for attendee planning purposes one week prior to the meeting.
The Obesity Society also includes oral and Late Breaking abstracts in its abstract book.
Abstract presenters and authors, whether oral or poster, in the Scientific Sessions at the Annual Meetings of both ASMBS and TOS at ObesityWeek are required to register for the Scientific Sessions, and are expected to pay the registration fee.
ASMBS ASMBS ONLY Abstract Questions: email@example.com
TOS TOS ONLY Abstract Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org