In regards to pediatric obesity, describe:
- Definitions, prevalence, and trends
- Cardio-metabolic risk factors and co-morbidities
- Tracking of obesity through the life-course
- Describe current treatment approaches in the treatment of pediatric obesity
- Discuss future directions and potential therapies in the treatment of pediatric obesity
- Obtain a general understanding of psychological assessment procedures in an adolescent bariatric program.
- Describe psychological symptoms commonly observed in adolescents seeking bariatric surgery.
- Understand psychological differences between adolescents who complete a pre-bariatric program and obtain surgery versus those who ultimately do not receive bariatric surgery.
- Describe levels of psychological intervention provided by clinicians within the bariatric program, as well as intervention coordinated in the community.
- Describe the purpose of a multi-site registry in pediatric/adolescent care
- Discuss the potential benefits of collaboration of sites in a multi-site registry
Pediatric Obesity: Co-Morbidities, Current Treatments, and Future Directions
Aaron S. Kelly, PhD
Psychological Barriers in the Adolescent Population: Assessment and Intervention
Megan Cohen, PhD
POWER: Pediatric Obesity Weight Evaluation Registry
Shelley Kirk, PhD
|2:45pm||Discussion and Q & A|